Cob: lime plaster

Patricia L. MacKenzie ruanmackenzie at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 17 14:53:46 CDT 2000

Bonjour, Monsieur Tallendier,

Je suis American. Now that I have said hello properly, I got your message
today as a flyer from coblist at deatech.com, which is a newsletter whose www
address I don't have handy.

One of the things you might hear of is to contact a Charmaine Taylor of
Taylor Publishing and Elk River Press. Although she is a publisher, she is
also an author. Several of her books are related to cob building, probably
she provides advice to people out of the country and or sales availability
and has so far been the only one publishing and presenting hand methodology.

The email I have is tms at northcoast.com, address PO Box 6985, Eureka, CA
(USA) 95502 phone/fax is 1-707-441-1632. I'm providing the regular phone
because I don't know if the 800 number works in India.

I personally, though I haven't ordered (funds) yet recommend the Dirt Cheap
Houses Guidebook, and two others, specific. They are: Case studies of
traditional lime harling (aka plaster), Scottish Lime Centre; Building with
Lime: a practical introduction, Stafford Holme;  or check on the web for
www.lime.org.

I'm sending this info to you, even if you contact Ms. Taylor cause I have
only the 1998 catalog and I can't order right now. Hope she forgives my
usurption. The stuff is copyrighting in the catalog but I also depend on
sales of stuff to make money.

Good luck and hope this helps.
Patty
ruanmackenzie at hotmail.com