Cob: Regulations

Tami Blaylock tami at fwua.com
Thu Jul 20 12:10:03 CDT 2000

Hi everyone,
Thanks for all the great responses to my question about cob building in
Florida.

My other concern is how likely will it be that I will actually be
"allowed" to build a cob structure in my back yard? I am right in the
middle of a heavily populated residential area, so I doubt I would be
able to "get away with" building without obtaining  permits, etc.  Of
course I will contact my local building inspections departments, but I
was just curious as to others' experiences with building in densely
populated areas and dealing with the authorities. Is this a situation
where it is easier to ask forgiveness than get  permission? Or is that a
risky attitude?  I would love to hear your stories.

--
Tami Blaylock