Cob: Subdivide.... or ????

goshawk at gnat.net goshawk at gnat.net
Tue Aug 1 09:34:46 CDT 2000

I'm not sure that the statement

> It seems that most  "alternative construction" (including cob)
> restrictions are due to
> subdivision regulations /covenants. Soooooo ...  why is anyone bothering

is true. I live in and still am building and alternative/cob house. I was able to obtain a permit but
that was due to the fact that I obtained the permit prior to the county enacting building codes.
In the current situation I might or might not be able to build the house again, depending on the
interpitation of the zoning / building inspector of this county. Thus in many cases, IMHO, the
restrictions are due more to the interpritations of an individual aka the building inspector.
Pat

On 2 Aug 00, at 9:33, wgnmaker wrote:

> with subdivisions?  Would it not be easier to consider only 'secluded' or
> 'private' land away from 'town'?  And curiousity poll:  How many on the
> list have their 'alternative construction' home in subdivisions? Thanks
>
> Wayne

Pat Newberry
www.gnat.net/~goshawk