Cob: re:rope making fibers

Shannon C. Dealy dealy at deatech.com
Sat Aug 5 23:50:29 CDT 2000

On Fri, 4 Aug 2000, K Kanarry wrote:

[snip]
> If this is true, what does everyone think about using
> hemp fibers in cob? A very well known rope making
> fiber and more tolerated now around these parts.
> (Vancouver, BC)
[snip]

While I would assume that hemp would make great cob (it certainly will
meet the length and strength tests), there is still the question of
how well the sand and clay will be able to grip it.  There is no
substitute for making some test bricks and trying it out, unless of
course, someone has already tried it and wants to report the results.