Cob: cob vs strawbale

Russel Johnsen wpgweb at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 29 10:37:38 CDT 2000

Yes,

I am going to have to go with strawbale.  Everything I
have seen points to this as best for our climate here
in Winnipeg.  I have just spoken with Cptn Strong here
in Winnipeg who has directed the building of a 1400
squ ft building for the 17 Wing here in Winnipeg and
have gotten some good advise.

They have gone with a concrete pad thickend at the
edges where the walls will sit.  It rests upon a
rubble foundation (Frank Lloyd Wright) with frost
protection against frost creeping beneath the pad. 2"
styrofoam 4 feet from foundation  which is also 1 ft
down to alloww for plantings.

The pad has a radiant heat soucre in it.

This is what I will have to do -- with the addition of
cob inside.

RC

=====
MistyMorning Designs