Cob: Building with cob in the UK... advice request...

jamie.ayres at m2.com jamie.ayres at m2.com
Tue Sep 26 03:51:46 CDT 2000

Hi folks,

I'm thinking about building a traditional, small cottage in the UK from
cob.  I need some tips on whether planning consent will be a pain, how the
inclement weather may affect my building and what sort of roofing people
would suggest.  Is there anyone who is building at the moment or is well
into the planning stage that I could talk for advice or encouragement :o)
Are there any workshops I can attend in the UK?

I guess the weather and roofing are generic questions but the UK folk will
have a better idea on what the building regs will entail!

Cheers,
Jay (UK)

Jamie Ayres / M2 Communications Ltd / http://www.m2.com
Any views expressed in this e-mail are not necessarily the same as those
of my employer.