Cob: Re: Earthquake.

Robert Bolman robtb at efn.org
Mon Sep 25 22:13:05 CDT 2000

That may be true, but it's still a very energy intensive product that is
used in such vast quantities the world over that it accounts for 4 - 5
percent of the world's greenhouse gases.  Portland cement is a major
environmental problem in and of itself.  So the purist cob enthusiasts are
to be commended on their refusal to use it, but in many cases, a small
amount of cement could make a big difference in terms of a building's safety
in earthquakes.

Rob