Cob: insulation

Kit Maloney lunakits at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 17 11:36:52 CST 2001

Hello!

I know some folks who make clothing for kayakers. They
said that they have lots of material scraps at the end
of each week that just get dumped. Most of it is
neoprene, coated nylon, other water-resistant stuff
and some fleece. I am thinking of collecting bagfuls
from them each week to use as insulation when I
eventually build my own cob house.

1.) Has anybody used these or similar materials for
insulation? How did it work?

2.) Would it be better to throw the scraps into the
insulation space loose or keep them in plastic bags?

Please let me know of any thoughts or suggestions!

Thanks,
Kit Maloney