Cob: plastering adobes

John Fordice otherfish at home.com
Sat Mar 3 10:49:27 CST 2001

Anikke,
I'm not sure if I understand.
I did not mean to imply that wire lath is needed to apply mud plasters
to either cob or strawbale.  Quite to the contrary & I agree with you
completely.
If you are refering to stucco as meaning the inclusion of wire lath in a
portland cement plaster, yes that is what I meant.  I'm not certain if
including wire lath in a portland cement plaster on cob would change the
situation appreciably.  It's possible, I suppose that the cement plaster
might be more prone to cracking with out the wire lath, but that's just
a guess.  Nevertheless, my comments re the use of portland cement
plaster either with or without wire lath stand - it's definitely NOT
compatable with cob.
john fordice