Cob: Career in cob? & "Build Here Now 2001"

Kimberly Hoyer knh78 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 21 16:35:09 CST 2001

I am a student pursuing a degree in Architecture at
Portland State University. I have become entrenched in
cob and natural building and am convinced this should
be my career path!

Does anyone have advice about whether it's worth it
for me to continue going into debt getting a BA and MA
in Architecture? Will this be a useful degree for me?
Is there any other way to become a designer/builder
that anyone knows of and has worked for you?

Also, is there anyone in the Portland, Oregon area
that is looking for a volunteer on their cob project?
I have zero experience with cob but would love to put
some sweat and muscle into learning about it.

There is a weeklong natural building get-together in
New Mexico called "Build Here Now 2001" which I am
trying to go to? Is there anyone going to that? Check
it out: http://www.strawhomes.com/build/here/now.html

New to coblist,
Kim