Cob: Anyone want to teach Natural Building?

Robert Bolman robtb at efn.org
Wed Feb 7 05:11:18 CST 2001

Hi y'all,
Some folks in the San Francisco Bay Area are putting on a Skillshare in
late April. (See paste-in below for details.) I'd originally said I'd do a
workshop on natural building techniques, particularly for things like
building interior sound partitions in warehouses where punk bands practice,
refurbishing trashed interior walls in squatted buildings, making simple
compost toilets that the landlord, neighbors and health department will
never see, and so on. The emphasis is on DIY, cheap/free and hands-on.
I've decided to go to Quebec City for the big protests against the Free
Trade Area of the Americas (where I'll be working as a Street Medic), which
is the same weekend, so would like to find someone else to teach the above
or similar workshops. Anyone interested? Best thing is to contact
Skillshare people directly at the number below. (P.s., could someone on the
green builder and cob lists please forward this to those lists as well?
Thanks.)
Below is a snippet from a personal correspondence with a Skillshare
organizer:
>...we have the perfect
>site, too- a strawbale wall in a warehouse that needs finishing
(plaster-wise
>only, the structure is done I think). We've been talking a little
>about having some projects that extend a few days past Skillshare
>to the next week that are longer term, infrastructure building
workparties...
>it'd be a good project for that...
Anyone interested?
For info on the FTAA and the protests, check out
<http://www.tradewatch.org/FTAA/ftaahome.html> or <http://www.oqp2001.org/ >
Mikal
The next DIY Skillshare Conference will be held April 19-22, 2001
at
924 Gilman ... Thanks to everyone who made the first one a success!
Skillshare
po box 4934
Berkeley CA 94704
skillshare at onebox.com - email