Cob: raised Garden Beds fron Cob or strawbale. Please Help!

Llunatree at aol.com Llunatree at aol.com
Tue Apr 3 15:57:31 CDT 2001

We live in Gainesville Florida. We are designing garden beds and have no
access to stone or rock. The earth here is 99.9% sand. So we want to make our
bed border walls from cob/strawbale/earth/whatever. What can we use? What mix
ratio of sand and straw and morter? Or Portland cement? The walls will be
about a foot or less high for the raised beds. Can someone help us figure
this out? We also want to die the mixture or topcoat a color but with what?
Thanks in advance.
Shawn&Jen Spencer