Cob: Re: gabion info site

Charmaine R Taylor tms at northcoast.com
Sun Apr 22 18:37:41 CDT 2001

Well,  dingety dang! A company right down the road from me makes
gabions.
Probably where MJacubal got his. I only see big culvert pipes out ther
when I drive by.

Please visit this website and see some pics of their "art weld" wire
baskets.

Hilfiker Co. Eureka CA.  http://www.hilfiker.com/awg.htm

Juat remember that a few hundred years ago simple woven reed baskets
were filled with rocks to base cob homes on : >
and in Illinois  1,000+ years ago the Chaokia native americans filled
woven baskets with 50 pounds of dirt, called 'em "turtles" and built up
huge defence mounds that are now  state parks today.

Charmaine  Taylor/ Taylor Publishing
PO Box 6985, Eureka CA 95502
707-441-1632
http://www.dirtcheapbuilder.com