Cob: Cob/light clay hybrid

Dog In The Yard dognyard at worldgate.com
Mon Apr 23 09:47:04 CDT 2001

John Fordice wrote:

> My concern is that earth walls can be quite strong and safe, if they are built
> to stay within the limits if the material.
> However, if those limits are not included in the thought processes of the bold,
> these same walls can be potentially dangerous.
>
> Not to be an alarmist, but people have died in earth wall buildings that have
> failed, so I prefer to urge caution & practicallity when using the materials.

Ack! I hope not to die in the attempt :-). I will proceed with caution and good
sense...if I do anything very experimental, it will only be in one wall of a
small test building, and hopefully done in such a way as to be "un-doable" if it
appears to be failing. I will take every precaution and keep safety in mind!

Karen Clouston