Cob: Solar Power (fwd)

David & Sheila Knapp solar at aeroinc.net
Fri Apr 27 08:09:25 CDT 2001

That is a good little system about twice the size of ours.  In Illinois in ideal conditions it would provide about 34 kWh per month.  On our best month we still use 200 kWh per month.  The average US home uses 500 - 1,500 kWh per month.  Our final target for our new home will be ~100 kWh, mostly because I will have a home office with computers and a few ham radios.  Fortunately solar PV is modular and newcomers can clearly see that going from 34 kWh to 100 kWh is simply tripling the number of PV modules required (assuming we did our homework to make sure the controls can handle them!).

:-)

Dave

David & Sheila Knapp
Winnebago, Illinois