Cob: light clay

Vicki and David Wicker macmastr at cswnet.com
Fri Apr 27 21:12:46 CDT 2001

Greg,
I was a potter for several years and had a pretty good idea of what a slip should look/feel like. Just can't imagine how three parts of a dry mixture to one part of slip would ever be able to stick together. The saw dust, actually small wood shavings soak it right up.
I've been working on a few bricks. The first was pretty crumbly, but the second did better. They dry much faster than a plain adobe brick. I'm going to try to keep accurate records so others can benefit.
I will keep the list posted if folks are interested. In fact, thinking of putting up a web site of house in progress.
David an Vicki Wicker
Arkansas