Cob: Wow! Cobbies galore!

Ocean ocean at peacemaking.org
Sun Aug 26 22:03:48 CDT 2001

Hello Friends!

Thanks for all your enthusiastic replies to helping us with the cob
restaurant in Corvallis!

When can you all start?  We need you....NOW!!!  We should have our permit in
by the end of the week, and then mud will be flying.

For helping us, we will feed you (amazing gourmet vegetarian food by the
talented Chef Intaba--we are opening a restaurant after all), house you at
our home (also a retreat space, the Ahimsa Sanctuary) and offer a nominal
stipend for living expenses ($25/week).

What we need from you regarding a commitment is detailed below in the info
we sent out to our other apprentices.  If you need other arrangements,
please call me at the numbers below.

I will send directions upon receipt of your RSVP.  I look forward to meeting
you all!

Cobstruck,
Ocean
Steward of Ahimsa Sanctuary
http://www.PeaceMaking.org
541-929-7564 or 888-611-0245 (toll free)

PS:  On our website you can see photos our Garden Kiva, which we built last
summer with the help of Cob Cottage Co and hundreds of loving hands!  We
just whitewashed the interior and poured the adobe floor, and it looks
stunning.

Subject:  Restaurant Project, Construction in September-October 2001

*  Renovation of interior, kitchen construction
*  Construction of roof shelter to cover outside seating area (carpentry
help desired!)
*  Construction of foundation for cob wall, cob benches and cob pizza oven
by Kiko Denzer
*  Cobbing throughout the month, use of "tractor" cob and dry weather should
facilitate rapid construction and enable to finish plaster the benches and
wall.  (After October, rains begin!)

So if you want to join us as an apprentice in this endeavor, here's what we
need from you:

A commitment to work 4-8 weeks (shorter commitments by skilled cobbers OK).

We will be working 40-60 hours per week, with a day or so off every week.
(Yeah, a macho schedule, I know, but the rains are coming!)

No drugs or alcohol on the worksite or on the Sanctuary grounds.  (Please
leave your dog at home unless very well disciplined).

Excellent health, and willingness to do any task physically possible, and to
follow leadership/supervisor's directions.  (remember, cobbing makes you
buff and tan!)

Here's what we'll give you:

An awesome project for your professional portfolio, with an excellent
reference.

4-8 weeks room and board (tenting preferred unless weather is really
bad...we do have a lot of indoor crash space)  Food will be awesome!!!

Nominal stipend for living expenses ($25/week)

Transportation to and from worksite daily (if at all possible please leave
your car at home, our parking is very limited!)

Sauna, massage circle available, music, songs, emotional support,
meditation, group healing circle available.

25 acres of beautiful rainforest to explore at Ahimsa Sanctuary

Two very friendly dogs (Merlin and Lexie)

1 hour from the most beautiful coastline (we will be taking a trip or two
there for stress relief and spiritual nourishment...)

We are looking for up to 8 committed individuals, willing to share their
creativity, love, sweat and inspiration.  Please respond ASAP to join this
exciting project!