Cob: Women's Building Workshop

janell kapoor janellv at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 13 08:17:24 CDT 2001

Please post or pass this onto interested women, relevant calenders & email
listserves. If you are interested in attending this workshop be in touch
soon as we are filling up quickly. Thank you for sharing the word around.

WOMEN'S 10 DAY COURSE ON CARPENTRY, CONSTRUCTION & THE DESIGNING OF SMALL
DWELLINGS: A hands-on intensive for women who have never built before or who
want to learn more.

October 5-14, 2001
Asheville, NC
Instructors: Jessica Kirby, Carol Stangler & Janell Kapoor

Join a circle of women at an 80 acre camp in the beautiful Blue Ridge
Mountians. Together we will be building a greenhouse/garden cabin with
living roof from start to finish. Through this hands-on experience you will
learn how to:

*construct foundation, frame, floor, roof, wall & stair systems
*build & install windows & doors (including arched doorways)
*design, lay-out & site selection for passive solar dwellings
*work with different kinds of wood
*use bamboo including harvesting, preserving & joining techniques
*basics of other natural building techniques
*choose appropriate materials for your building project
*tool use, maintenance & more!!!

Enjoy 10 days of building, demonstrations, lectures, slideshows, swimming,
sharing & fun. No experience is necessary. Sliding scale $795-$495 includes
delicious organic vegetarian meals, camping & tuition. Some partial barter
is available. Early registration is encouraged.

TO REGISTER: Send a $300 deposit to Janell Kapoor, 80 1/2 Cumberland Ave.,
Asheville, NC 28801. When we receive your registration we will send you more
details with directions.

FOR MORE INFORMATION: Call 828.252.7701, email janell at kleiwerks.com, visit
www.kleiwerks.com

other upcoming workshop open to women & men:

10 DAY NATURAL BUILDING WORKSHOP IN THAILAND-
COB, STRAWCLAY, BAMBOO & LIVING ROOF
Dec. or Jan.; date details TBA
Fee: $600 (includes delicious Thai meals, camping & tuition)
Wongsanit Ashram, near Bangkok, Thailand
We'll be building a small meditation space.
Space for non-Thai is limited so register early.

SPONSORED BY:
KLEIWERKS NATURAL BUILDING COMPANY
VISIT US AT WWW.KLEIWERKS.COM