Cob: Cob and Technology

Jason Gross jgross at reboot.com
Tue Oct 2 11:05:15 CDT 2001

Gregori Robinson wrote:

> Is anyone using 3-D animation software such as Rhinocerous
> http://www.rhino3d.com/  to design for Cob?  ArtNouveau.ws is developing a
> design and production team to create organic architecture using state of the
> art technology and considering Cob for its building envelope.  Contact
> Gustavah Robinowitz for more information.

I am currently using SOFTIMAGE 3D to create cob building and calculate where
the solar paths are on my site. From
this I can then calculate how big to make my windows, where to place them, the
degrees of my roof so as to maximize solar gain in winter
and minimize it in summer and where the shadows will fall on my site so as to
better design my garden.

Jason Gross