Cob: cob codes

dtebb dtebb at alternatives.com
Sun Oct 14 23:20:57 CDT 2001

Hello cobbers,

We are planning to build a small cob structure in a community gardens here
in Vancouver, Canada. We will need a permit (a process I am not looking
forward to). Before I check the archives, I thought I would ask first;

Has anyone used any earth building codes or cob codes to be specific?
What would be the easiest way to access these codes?
Has anyone used adobe codes for cob? Does it translate at all?
Is anyone familiar with the Arizona earthen building code? Can it work for
cob? How can I access these codes?
Has anyone purchased the New Zealand Earth Building Standards? What has
been your experience?

And finally, Who has gone through the permit process with cob? What was
your experience and can we talk?

Any help in this area is greatly appreciated.

Ian Marcuse
Down To Earth Building Bee