Cob: poured countertops

W uwu at angelfire.com
Tue Oct 16 16:50:28 CDT 2001

hi folks!
I've been following the current thread on concrete countertops on the SB list, and so far noone has mentioned a more "green" method of a poured-in-place countertops.  Does anyone on the list have any experience with a poured cob/adobe countertop or something similar?
I tried searching the archives, with my only result being one letter in which someone else had the same question.
I am curious because it will come time to put in the kitchen and bathroom counters in the next month or so in this remodel project (unfortunately a "conventional" building, yet I have been able to solar orient it), and I've been thinking of a concrete countertop, but it occured to me cob or some such might work as well or better.  I would like to avoid concrete for the obvious reasons (emodied energy, etc) and I would like something that could take heat without scorching like plastic counters tend to, and is maybe cheaper than ceramic tile.
Any insight into this would be appreciated!
---
PeaceLoveLightLifeBeautyTruth
W.

"Who cares what you think?" - President George Bush Junior, July 4, 2001

Get 250 color business cards for FREE!