Cob: Cast earth countertops?? WHY NOT STONE!!!

Ocean ocean at peacemaking.org
Thu Oct 18 02:59:41 CDT 2001

This may be too obvious, but why not "cast" aside all this talk of "casting"
a stone-like "natural" earthen counter, and just use a piece of FLAGSTONE!!!

I can get flagstone locally for $400 a ton, so a counter-sized piece would
only cost $50 or so.

"A nice ragged lip...like broken stone", and with a good sealant, like
beeswax/linseed oil (organic, solvent-free!), a flagstone would be a great
surface to prep veggies on...

Ocean