Cob: 3-D Panels done green

Paul Salas chansey_2 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 19 18:31:27 CDT 2001

Loovik wrote

 >I wish I were a little closer so I could see that machine in
>action--with >mud that is.
>Are you talking about shooting regular stucco through that pump?

The answer is yes.  I used it to grout a block wall and it sure ran really
nice. Shooting stucco would only have required a little air.  Just for fun,
when the project was over, I revved the pump up to 300 RPM and it shot out a
full 2" stream 20 feet out from the hose.  Emptied a 9 sack hopper in
seconds.

I too have been playing with the idea of straw mats tied with 2 x 2 12 ga
mesh.  What cames to mind is being able to make 4' x 8' panels and splicing
just like the 3-D Panels.  Only problem I see is that the #-D panel is
welded in a truss fashion giving strength to the panel.  Verticle supposrt
could be achieved with post and beam and just have in-fill panels.

Paul Salas
General Manager
SANCO Enterprises, LLC
RIO Rancho, NM 87174