Cob: Re: natural remodel

Patricia Kerns pkerns at twistedroad.com
Tue Oct 23 14:12:31 CDT 2001

I have only tried this myself on a very limited scale (and not on walls),
but Athena Steen has redone part of the inside of her home by putting up
burlap on the existing wall.  She used a very sticky clay slip (think it was
pottery clay) to adhere the burlap to the wall by running a trowel over it,
kind of like a squeegie.  This created a surface amenable to an earth
plaster/paint.  You might look at the Steens' web site (the canelo project,
probably at canelo.com) for more info.

Patricia