Cob: prefab clay panels

*Lootvik* lootvik at usermail.com
Tue Oct 23 13:56:08 CDT 2001

Thanks Harriet. One layer of burlap sounds a lot more reasonable.  I've got
a big roll of it just waiting to go somewhere!

*Lootvik*

Harriet wrote:
Ernest Flagg's Small Houses of 1930 or so shows two plasterers working on
opposite sides of a burlap panel. For the first coat they worked against
each other. He said it made a thin strong wall as an interior partition.

*Lootvik* wrote:
Hi Charmaine,
... five month pause! ...
Can these "lehmbauplatte" be used as wall partitions?
It sounds like he's using 8-10 layers of burlap. It doesn't sound very
economical unless you're getting free fabric from somewhere. But it's
still interesting if it will work for a thin wall.
*Lootvik*