Cob: natural remodel

Ted Schluenderfritz ted at fidelitas.org
Wed Oct 24 23:20:11 CDT 2001

Thanks to all who answered my question.

Dealing with asbestos is kind of scary to me, but the idea of it hiding
beneath whatever I put up over it also makes me a bit uncomfortable. What
is the general consensus out there, cover it? or remove it?

At 06:22 AM 10/24/01 -0500, Theodore L. Stacy wrote:
>Ted, your old wall board may have asbestos in it so you may need to take
>some precautions to dispose of it.  Wet it to the point of damp when you are
>taking it apart.  Wear a face filter that is rated for asbestos (purple?),
>wear gloves of latex and disposable coveralls.  All the debris should go
>into plastic bags that are sealable.  In the alternative, sealing the panels
>is doable, but you need to seal  them on both sides.

when you say seal what do you mean, covering it with a natural plaster, or
that type of thing?

Thanks again.

Ted