Fwd: Re: Cob: Re: Re: Interesting proposal

Matthew HALL(SED) M.Hall at shu.ac.uk
Wed Oct 31 03:17:41 CST 2001

robinson at on.aibn.com writes:
>This is a very interesting perspective and your discriptions is colorful and
>vivid.  We are considering producing a documentary on cob, one from an
>Environmental Artists perspective to give all of us who love organic
>architecture some inspiration to proceed and do a project that is beyond our
>wildest  imaginations.....  Would you like to help on this project?
>
>Gregori Robinson
>ArtNouveau Foundation

Dear Gregori,

I realise that this message was not directed at me but i would like to offer my help i this matter
if you feel it may be of some benefit. I am a research scientist at Sheffield Hallam University
studying a PhD on the physical and mechanical properties of earth construction when reinforced with
natural fibres, e.g. straw etc. A forgotten art shrouded in history; the oldest form of earth
construction and also the least studied and understood. From my findings I will be investigating
its potential as a low-cost sustainable buildng material of the future and plan to try and publish
widely on the subject.

Regards

Matthew Hall

Centre for the Built Environment
School of Environment & Development
Sheffield Hallam University
Unit 9 Science Park
Howard Street
Sheffield S1 1WB
England

Tel: +44 (0) 114 225 3244
Fax: +44 (0) 114 225 3206
E-mail: (work) M.Hall at shu.ac.uk
E-mail: (home) Matt at Hall2000.fsnet.co.uk