Cob: Re: re:formal proposal

drhelp drhelp at shaw.ca
Wed Oct 31 12:24:32 CST 2001

May I say that these suggestions have merit, Gregori, because lots of people are turned off by what comes across as pretention. I'm sure you don't intend that at all, so taking these good people's advice and searching for a simpler, more direct description of your group would likely result in a reduction in off-putting.

Also, I'm a Canadian and think you are one too, from Quebec, or at least you don't speak English as your first language. You do very well writing it, and I know often readers who see the unique spellings and attempts to "do it right" in English made by English As a Second language folks can take their spelling and grammar negatively..that is, think it means ignorance. Heck, when I write in French to my francophone friends in Quebec, they throw themselves on the floor laughing, but hey...they respect my efforts, as we respect yours. You do WAY better in English than I do in French. Good for you.

I think your reference is to fero cement. Diana