Cob: Earth Floor!

Darel Henman henman at it.to-be.co.jp
Fri Nov 2 00:23:01 CST 2001

You mention the word "pour" below, but from my reading and it makes
sense,the less moisture in the mix the less cracks and shrinkage upon
drying.  You can always fill in small cracks though.

Could you expand on what you mean by pour.  Some people might get
confused.

A rammed earthen floor would give you the strongest, especially if you
gave it about a 14% slaked lime content.   The ash you use sounds like a
good additive to.

Darel