Cob: Getting land to build on?

Kimberly Nicole Hoyer kimberly_110 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 7 15:31:31 CST 2001

I just moved to the Denver, Colorado area and am anxious to start on my
cob/strawbale home.  First, however, I need to find and purchase a piece of
land to build it on.  This is the part of the equation that seems to be the
most daunting for me (and for many others with great imagination but limited
finances, I imagine).  Does anyone know of any good real estate firms that
deal with natural builders in the Denver area? Better yet, does anyone have
any comprehensive answers to the question of looking for and buying land
from both the practical and design perspective in Colorado? Do you know
anyone who went through this process in the area that I could connect with?
Any suggested books? I am also interested in the idea of an ecovillage or
intentional community. Once I get past this hurdle, building will be easy.
I would greatly appreciate any help from anyone who has a good grasp of this
topic.

Kim Hoyer
Denver, Colorado
303.594.2949