Cob: latex or lime trim on earthen walls.

Charmaine R Taylor tms at northcoast.com
Thu Nov 29 13:54:30 CST 2001

I think Pat has a good point to try a trim paint around his windows, the
tradition of painting a faux window frame i a tinted lime or whilte lime
"paint"  has a long history. In china the lower part of the walls are
painted a  different color with lime wash paint tinted gren or blue.
In Mexico and other S. American house designs there is a 4-6" band
painted around the earth wall, usually of milk paint ( lime) and in the
book "Beauty Of Strawbales" you can see a few examples.

I have seen some lovely lime paint yin-yang designs around doors and
such, as a decorative method to spice up a bland brown wall.

 Charmaine  Taylor/ Taylor Publishing
http://www.dirtcheapbuilder.com
http://www.papercrete.com
PO Box 375, Cutten CA 95534