Cob: Another crazy idea

Chris zon at runbox.com
Mon Dec 31 13:09:19 CST 2001

Ok, so I'm not going to cob the inside of the barn... in fact, I won't be
cobbing anything until at least next spring since I take possesion of my
first home and land next friday and it will be cold soon. I still want to
renovate the barn, but I guess I'm going to have to make due with a wood
stove in the house this winter.
So....  I was thinking (disclaimer: this might be one of those cases where a
little knowledge is a dangerous thing), would it be possible to make a
portable thermal mass radiator?  Like a little cob wall on wheels that you
put by the stove, then roll it to your bedroom for the night?  I'm wondering
if it could actually radiate enough heat to warm the room.
It would probably get old rolling it back and forth, but then again, it
would warm you twice like cutting firewood.

Anyway, I'll try to quit thinking so much,

Zon in Oz
zon at runbox.com