Cob: New to the list

Cheryl Murphy midian_1 at pacbell.net
Sat Jan 5 02:11:33 CST 2002

I'm new to the list and was wondering if there are any Southern
Californians here?
Since I'm new to the list you can bet that I'm also new to the world of
Cob
building and would like to know if there's anyone around here I can talk
to.  My
husband and I are researching Cob/Strawbale and we have just fallen in
love with
it.  Is there any place around here where we could volunteer to help
out?

The homes that I've seen that are unique in structure - rounded and
extremely
creative - all seem to be small, though.  Is there are reason for this?
The larger
ones look like conventional buildings and don't have that lucid, flowing
quality.

Thanks for the help,

Cheryl