Cob: Re: frost free shallow foundation

Bill&Julie wbates at mn.rr.com
Sun Jan 6 07:20:18 CST 2002

Dear Sarah,, ô¿ô   Keep in mind that the foundation/footer
  that you choose MUSTcoincide with the type of ground
you are building on. In any case, the square feet, of the
foot print of the footer under the foundation MUST be able
to support the entire weight of everything above it without
sinking in. Obvious,,, Right! Well if it were, then we would
not see porches falling away from houses, or crackes in
foundations,,, which brings to mind a CONCRETE idiom,
IF IT CAN'T BEND, IT CAN'T BREAK.
Good luck, and remember,,,  OVERBUILD
Now is not the time to skimp....(when you are 60 (older)
you'll be glad you didn't)
   ô¿ô  bill&julie