Cob: Cob plaster on a conventional wall!

Patrick Newberry PNewberry at HFHI.org
Tue Jan 8 07:44:54 CST 2002

I've had to use lime on my interior plasters due the the type of mix I
get around here.
It is very light on the clay (mostly sand). I have found that I can
reduce the amount of lime quite a
bit but if I don't add a bit to the final plasters it is very dusty

Pat

My response was to the question about using earthen plasters in
interior applications.  I don't see why we would want to use lime on
the interior either, unless it is an area where you want to wash the
wall or for the lighter color.  Like cement, lime (quick or hydrated)
is an industrial product which requires a lot of energy to produce.
BTW, the earthen plastered wall is beautiful, the red clay giving the
wall a soft rust color.

Ocean