FW: Cob: clarification on Quick lime vs hydrate

Ocean ocean at peacemaking.org
Thu Jan 10 08:49:31 CST 2002

Quick lime isn't impossible to get!

As I posted on this list a few weeks ago, I got quick lime by calling a
chemical distributer, who supplies agricultural and industrial chemicals.
They then referred me to a local fertilizer company, who gladly special
ordered 6 bags of quick lime for $8 each.  (It's also used by Kettle Foods,
to make their corn chips!)

Just call Vopak (503-222-1721) and ask them if there's a company that used
quick lime in your area.  There probably is...

Ocean