Cob: cob test info request

Darel Henman henman at it.to-be.co.jp
Tue Jan 15 22:50:18 CST 2002

John,
   What are the range of mixtures.  For example it would be great to
have a wide variety.  A few I'd like to know about follow.  I realize
that testing takes time.  Tell us about the tests themseles.

   The samples should include:
	1.) cob that has aged with straw about a month or different time
intervals.
        2.) cob that has horse manure added to it.  (was used in lower
England for strong daub)
        3.) cob with pig manure added and aged two weeks in warm weather
        4.) cob with cob maure added and aged at least two weeks in warm
weather
        5.) cob with lime added to it?
        6.) cob with burnt rice husks added to it.  ( a pozzolan )
Darel

John Fordice wrote:

> Greetings to all cobbers,
>
> Well we are finally starting on some preliminary cob testing towards the
> COB CODE PROJECT.   The testing will be done starting in the next few
> weeks by Steven West at Linn-Benton Community College in Albany, Oregon.
........... snipped.