Cob: Jelly Roll Cord Log Masonery

Darel Henman henman at it.to-be.co.jp
Mon Jan 28 23:28:57 CST 2002

Ah, this makes sense.  It would achieve a round compressed earth
brick/pole.

But, unlike dry paper which is well behaved in a machine like mentioned
below you'd have problems with the soil mix squirting out the two
sides.  Like biting into a juicy sandwich with hard bread, it would gush
out.  So you'd need a wrapper on the outside to keep the form and also
on the ends.  Also the material should be a hemp or other natural
materal that gets along with earth well.  These could be used like
coordwood with a daub mortar, I suppose.  But, I myself think the normal
CEB would be easier to manufacture.

My own 2 cents.

Keep the ideas flowing.

Darel