Cob: $500 + labor + free materials + ideas

Darel Henman henman at it.to-be.co.jp
Thu Jan 31 02:14:23 CST 2002

Thanks for the reasoned reply and for more details about the structure.

> As far as there being no imputed labor costs, no one has claimed
> otherwise.  The point of a $500 house is that it is possible for a person
> to create their own house using their own labor for $500.
>
> Yes much of what is there was scrounged, but I see nothing wrong
> with this, and frankly just sitting here thinking about it, I believe that
> I know where I can get items comparable to what was used in this building
> for little or nothing.

I don't think that anything is wrong with scrounging.  I'd call it
salvaging materials for use in this case.  But, it does take time and
for some items a storage area, and in some cases means of transportation
for some items that wont fit in a car.  And a means to live will that is
all going on.

Darel