worm composting, was Re: Cob: $500 ??#$"#$!

Steve Veeneman svnmn at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 31 12:06:22 CST 2002

Another option is to use earthworms instead of
thermophilic composting.  Sawdust would still be a
good idea as it can balance off the nitrogen, but as
far as I know nobody has actually studied using worms
in a composting toilet.

At the 2000 Vermillenium Conference though, one
presenter described EPA pilot projects that were run
in three small cities, and confirmed that at 70 days
the incidents of all three measureable criteria were
below the safety threshold for type A refuse.  The
worms eat everything, including viruses apparently!

Steve

=====
# Steve Veeneman - svnmn at yahoo.com
# Simple Self Programming -