Cob: Re: Sorry for the faux pas in internet ettiquite

Bill&Julie wbates at mn.rr.com
Fri Aug 16 03:37:36 CDT 2002

Hidare! All,,,    ~¿~     *smiles*

I like to watch the "TECH TV" channel on my DSS dish. They tell all sorts
of neat tips like; DON'T OPEN ATTACHMENTS.
Attachments are the way most/allot of viruses travel.
But my question has been, " How should a person get an e-mail attachment?"
I would suppose a person could let the SENDEE know that an
e-mail/attachment was coming first. Maybe with a pre-arranged code
word or phrase in the subject line......
But then there is the practice  ô¿ô of forwarding.

People don't use the BCC: enough.

By the time you get a BLANKET
message that has been forwarded 5 or 6 times, you get a list of 30 or 40
people's addresses you don't know. Just as, if your email gets forwarded
5 or 6 times, who know knows who will get your address....

So when I see an attachment that has been sent " en blanket " I wonder
if a virus has sent it ....

"Sharing of ideas is what the internet is all about"
 Hang in there Kerry..   :-)

bill