Cob: foundation

Darel Henman henman at it.to-be.co.jp
Mon Feb 18 20:02:07 CST 2002

No I would not consider using strawbales as a foundation material, even
if wrapped in plastic.  The plastic will not last forever.  Moisture
will get in, it will not dry, it will ferment into go and remaining
fibres.

The bearing house walls would then sink into the resulting goo, little
by little.  It is not foundation material.

darel