Cob: Re: Re: stucco wire

Elke Cole elke at cobworks.com
Mon Feb 18 22:51:19 CST 2002

Aren't we a little off topic for the cob list?
Anyhow......
The stucco wire has a structural function as a stress skin together with the
plaster.
If its not needed for that pupose, its easier to work without, as far as I
can say- wire is not fun to work with. The mud will stick to the many little
ends of straw providing the bales are oriented so the ends are open to the
surface. Then wire is only needed to stiffen corners etc.
Elke
www.cobworks.com
from planning to building
we work with you to create beautiful places