Cob: RE: New To List -EXCITED - Question

Patrick Newberry PNewberry at HFHI.org
Wed Feb 20 07:32:20 CST 2002

I Julianne,

   Well I live in Georgia and have a cob house. I live more in middle
Georgia, about 40 miles north of Americus.
I don't do workshops per se but  have let people visit and can go over
techiques every so often.

The center portion of my cob house is a dome. The walls are cob, but the
dome / cap portion is ferro-cement.

Where in Georgia do you live?

to see photos, go to www.gypsyfarm.com  then click on the chick to see
the house site.

Pat

-----Original Message-----
From: Julianne Wilson [mailto:thrivingspirit at earthlink.net]
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2002 8:05 PM
To: coblist at deatech.com
Subject: Cob: New To List -EXCITED - Question

Hi!
Actually I have two questions (and likely many more in coming weeks!) --
For now -
a) I live in Georgia (USA) and it seems that most cob construction
companies/workshops are on the west coast - anyone have leads to
companies,
workshops, cob-built homes in Georgia (NE, preferrably) or the
southeast?

b) In looking at homes, my initial draw was to geodesic domes - so, I am
wondering if anyone has seen/done a dome-type of cob building or house
---
perhaps not even the entire building as a dome, but I lead drumming
circles
and workshops and would REALLY love a round, dome-like space to gather
in --

I LOVE the sculptural aspects of cob --- already my imagination is
sparking!!

If anyone is in the SE and would like to talk about putting together a
workshop, I've got great space here to host one this spring or summer!

Blessings,
Julianne