Cob: cob construction

Darel Henman henman at it.to-be.co.jp
Tue Feb 26 00:33:50 CST 2002

Shawn,
  that sounds like a great project.  What about having a good roof
overhang a strong foundation up to say 18" or some other ways of
protecting the immediate bottom area from splashed, and for the cob part
use an clay soil mixed with lime plaster,  lime and sand plaster, lime
with about 3 month fermented rice straw gives a nice strong exterior
coating.

  Just some ideas.

  Some others are a earthen mud plaster with some additives to make it
more waterproof. Oil? Casein? Bitumen? Tree resin? Horse Manure?

Darel