Cob: Re: FW: Steel Frame?

Darel Henman henman at it.to-be.co.jp
Tue Mar 12 20:19:16 CST 2002

Yes, insulation on the outside would work.
I just mentioned it so people were aware of thermal bridging.

A common area missed for example is where the steel joists/posts meet
the ceiling joists and roof rafters.  This area is hard to insulate, and
most heat leaves out the top I have read.  So these perifery areas where
wall meets ceilting meets roof corners.

To add cob in-between steel girders, one should in my opinion prepare
areas for it, for example a wood board attached to the girders to be in
contact with the cob so it can avoid direct contact with steel.

Darel