FW: Cob: Re: FW: Steel Frame?

j. gann jmygann at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 12 23:06:53 CST 2002

If one does a steel post and beam no foundation is
needed. Earth floor.
 I prefer light gauge galvanized over red iron frame .
 Square tubing for posts and cee purlins for beams and
purlins.
 One could use steel frame for walls and wood for roof
joists and sheathing to eliminate thermal bridging ,
assuming that cob is used for the walls only. Still
better to insulate on outside - maybe papercrete - to
keep heat in.