[nbc] Re: Cob: bicycle powered cob mixer

brian besold buffalokiller at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 18 17:58:20 CST 2002

   Change is constant. It is for this reason alone that the search
continues, that questions must be asked. Maybe those opposed to my idea are
right. And if you are, we can look together, and learn together, at the
mistakes that will be made. Maybe it will work, and again, we can look and
learn. Either way, it is the process of inquiry: asking questions, carrying
out experiments, the willingness to make mistakes that is ultimately
necessary.
   Have we figured it all out already? Is cob best mixed with foot power? As
Pedro has pointed out, there are any number of factors that need to be
addressed, not just regarding cob building, but the entire design/build
process. No, I don't know everything about mixing cob, but how can anyone
say that they do. Change is constant. I'm so sorry that the masculine
minority feels the need to remind me of place in the cob heirarchy, to knock
me down. This attitude is so destructive, and not just to those who are
pushed, but to the pusher, humanity, and our planet as well. I have a habit
of looking at the deeper meaning in things, but that is because I like
asking questions.  Reminder: learn from your students. What have you to gain
once you've figured everything out? Thank you to all of you in support of
this, and thank you to the person who sent the great suggestions regarding
paddle mixers. Believe in the power of many. Brian.