Cob: Earthen plaster over plywood siding?

Carl Vilbrandt carl at ggpl.org
Sun Apr 7 21:19:22 CDT 2002

Robert   Plywood -- has depending on the glue mixture up to 17 pounds of
heavy metal to keep the glue for being eaten by mold and fungi.  The glue
mixtures for plywood contain  flour, arsenic, animal blood and a thermal
set plastic.  All of the above is bad to cut and or burn.  The amount of
plywood tonnage used continues to increase each year.  It is not a
sustainable material and its use should be very limited.  It was a bit
chilling to come to know that animal blood is a part of plywood and most of
the walls of  buildings (using plywood) we all live in are literally coated
with it.  It makes you want to believe in the "beast".  I think twice about
using plywood now and always wear a mask.  The blood (BSD) makes plywood a
bio hazard ..  P.S.  Don't' use sawdust from plywood on the garden  -  Carl