Cob: new to the list

cj & ns . literat_1 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 23 07:04:55 CDT 2002

Hi,

my name's Chris. My wife Nicola & I live in Melbourne, Australia and we are
planning to move up north (warmer parts) at the end of the year to find a
piece of land to look after and to build a cob house in not too distant
future.

the more i research cob the more i like it for it's simplicty and freedom of
design. cob is not widely spread in Oz, maybe several recent buildings &
some old miners' huts from 19th ceuntry.

i work as a civil engineer, and find the whole concept of
natural/sustainable building hugely exciting. environmentally and
economically, it makes a lot of sense and i am sure it will be taken over by
business people sooner or later.

i am excited to trial cob here, as others have succesfully pioneered
strawbale and mud brick before me.

looking forward to learn

chris j
oz